Monday, April 14, 2014

Welcome to the Skylark Blog Hop by the Greenhearts!

Welcome to the first ever Greenhearts blog hop.  If you came here from Brandy's blog, be sure to keep on clicking!  And thanks for visiting my blog!  



I am the last stop of the hop however it is a circle hop so you can start here and work your way around.  Should you get lost along the way you can find the complete list at the bottom of this post.

A little about me, I'm a new Close to My Heart consultant, but not new to scrapbooking - I've been doing it for close to 20 years.  I was a single mom since my girls were little, and was looking for something I could do that would introduce me to new people, but also share with my girls.  They are now grown and married, and have blessed me with the lights of my live, Alex and Zoey!
For this very first blog hop,I challenged myself to create cards, as I haven't done a lot of that. Being new to Close to My Heart, I was limited in supplies because all I had was my starter kit! I had also requests to book some beginner card-making classes, so cards were an easy choice.


One sheet of B&T paper and a few scraps from the Skylark Workshop-on-the-Go kit yielded these three cards.

I started by cutting my paper to take advantage of the beautiful designs.  I have some standard cuts I like to use, and thought I would share how I do it here.

First, I lay my paper decorative-side up (the reverse has an all-over design that I will use on some cards).
I then make 2 vertical cuts, taking into account the decorative elements.

(Row 1 of the illustration - I cut the Skylark paper using the middle example)

I then cross-cut the long strips to get as many full-size pieces (4" x 5 1/4") as possible.  Again, I used the second example (in Row 2). 

Card 1:


1. Cut 4" x 5 1/4" piece from the top left corner of Skylark paper, inked with Chocolate ink.  
2. Place a 5 1/2" piece of teal shimmer trim  1/4" from left edge of card, then place paper on top.  
3. If you are really ambitious, trim the bird from a second piece of paper and place on top of  the paper using Foam Tape.
4.  Decorate with flowers and some bling in the bottom right corner.

Card Two:


1. Cut 5 1/4" x 4" piece from the top right corner of Skylark paper, ink with Lagoon.  
2. Place paper on card base. Stamp a butterfly or dragonfly in bottom left corner, use second generation technique to stamp a second one.
3. Cut the word "Believe" from the Skylark paper. Rub edges with Lagoon ink. Mount with Foam Tape.

Card 3:


1. If you did the pre-cut pieces, flip one your pre-cut pieces over and trim to 3 1/2" tall.  If not, cut a piece 5 1/2" x 3 1/2". Turn card base horizontally, place piece on bottom of card base.
2.   Stamp a 1" x 5 1/2" piece of Lagoon paper, using Lagoon ink (this stamp is from the exclusive stamp set found in the WOTG kit).  Add to card base, leaving some of the card base showing.  Ink edges of card with Lagoon.
3. Cut a 2" x 3" (approx.) from Pear paper, ink edge using Slate ink. Stamp with the "You're Amazing" stamp from the Ivy Lane Cardmaking Workshop-on-the-Go Kit ((or other suitable sentiment). Add Blue resin flower in place of the "o".

I hope you enjoyed my cards.  I'm looking forward to learning tons more, and plan to share here on my blog my experiences.

If you started part-way through the circle, carry on to Pam's blog.  If this is your last stop, I hope you have enjoyed our first blog hop and keep your eyes peeled for more!


Complete Hop List Here!
 
Pam http://p-inks.blogspot.ca/2014/04/skylark-blog-hop-with-greenhearts.html
Famida  http://getscrappinfami.blogspot.ca/2014/04/welcome-to-greenhearts-skylark-blog-hop.html
Carla Tebb http://carlacreates.ca%2F2014%2F04%2Fskylark-blog-hop-with-greenhearts.html
Julie M Carriere http://thescrapzone.blogspot.ca/2014/04/skylark-blog-hop-greenhearts.html

Kristine http://www.homewithstudiok.com/apps/blog/show/42108332-skylark-blog-hop

Brandy http://savingscrapsofmemories.wordpress.com/2014/04/15/green-hearts-skylark-bloghop/
Davida http://sweetscrapista.blogspot.ca/2014/04/close-to-my-heart-skylark-team-blog-hop.html

PS: Edited to Add: Not all the links are working yet, so if you get lost, come back here and work backwards!

Thanks for visiting!
 



 

2 comments:

  1. Clever use of the one sheet Terri! I like that you've included the cuts and instructions to make them too! Don't you just love that little resin flower? so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICELY DONE TERRI .... love the one especially with the bird centered!

    ReplyDelete